Finding and representing the next generation of authors
As a service to our clients, those wishing to become clients or those who prefer to "go it alone" or seek another agent, we provide this list of helpful links for all writers.
Visit our Blog
These are sources that our agents use to represent our authors, to help them perfect and sell their manuscripts. You can use these resources or you are welcome to submit a query to have your manuscript represented by one of our agents.
Suggestions for additions and corrections to this list are always welcome. Please send the information to Senior Editor and Webmaster Glenn Knight at Glenn@AgentR.com
- Literary Market Place a worldwide resource for the book publishing industry. http://www.literarymarketplace.com/lmp/us/index_us.asp
- Preditors and Editors a guide to publishers and writing services for serious writers http://pred-ed.com/
- Publishers Weeklyhttp://www.publishersweekly.com
- Public Relations http://www.bookbuzz.com
- Writers Digesthttp://writersdigest.com
- Marketing your work http://www.bookmarket.com/101mark.html
- Copyright. Most everything you need to know about copyrights http://www.copylaw.com
- Library of Congress U.S. Copyright Forms http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/forms/
- Book Marketing Update a twice-monthly newsletter by Editor-in-Chief John Kremer, author of 101 Ways to Market Your Books. Provides news, marketing tips, internet sources, media contacts and marketing techniques. http://bookflash.com. Bradley Communications, Box 1206, Lansdowne, PA 19050-8206. Tel: 800 989-1400 ext 432. Fax: 610 284-3704. Email: email@example.com. http://www.bookmarket.com
- Jane Straus's Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuationhttp://grammarbook.com
- Judy Cullins' site offers tips and links on writing, marketing your non-fiction book http://www.bookcoaching.com
- Angle on Writing is a website "designed to offer information to beginning fiction writers. Although writers of all levels, as well as nonfiction writers and poets, can find it useful." By Lisa Angle http://www.angleonwriting.com
- Artslynx: International Writing Resource lists organizations for writers, has links to other sites. http://www.artslynx.org
- Wheat Mark Publishing. Includes a newsletter and service directory http://www.bookzonepro.com
- Associated Writing Programs includes lists of college writing programs and writers conferences http://www.awpwriter.org
- AuthorInterviews.com. An online advertiser that sends information about authors to the media. Includes enough information to function as a media kit or website. http://www.authorinterviews.com
- Booktalk. All the buzz about books. http://www.booktalk.com
- Bookwire http://www.bookwire.com
- Bookzone offers a newsletter, links to authors' sites and promotional material. http://www.bookzone.com.
- Cspan provides information of their stations' book programming. http://www.cspan.org
- Flashback.com gives information about writing events. http://www.flashback.com
- Frugal Marketing Tips by Shel Horowitz, author of Marketing Without Megabucks. Monthly. http://www.frugalfun.com
- iUniverse. A print-on-demand publisher offering links and information. http://www.iuniverse.com
- Northern California Independent Booksellers Association, 415 561-7686. http://www.nciba.com
- Marketing tips from the author of How to Publish a Book & Sell a Million Copies. http://www.nicholas-direct.com
- Free Weekly Newsletter by former Chronicle Book Editor Pat Holt. Must reading by the conscience of the industry. firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.holtuncensored.com
- Internet Resources on Citing: The Trademark of a good writer http://www.marcaria.com/internet-resources-on-citing-the-trademark-of-a-good-writer.asp (Thanks to Deborah Ward and her students, especially Amy, for this link)
- Query Letters discussed by Betsy Mitchell SF http://www.suvudu.com/2008/10/what-i-learned-this-week-were.html
- Public Relations advice by Edward Segal, author of Getting Your 15 Minutes of Fame--and More! A Guide to Guaranteeing Your Business Success provides resources for promotion. http://www.publicrelations.com
- SpecFic & Humor Webstravaganza. Information on humor and sci-fi markets and 600 writing links from Ralan Conley http://www.ralan.com
- Speakernet. Free weekly newsletter aimed at speakers that also provides valuable ideas for writers. http://www.speakernet.com
- National Speakers Association, 1500 S. Priest Dr., Tempe, AZ 85821, Tel: 480 968-2552. Fax: 480 968-0911 http://www.nsaspeaker.org has 37 chapters and conferences.
- Toastmasters International, 23182 Arroyo Vista, Santa Margarita, CA 92688-2620, Tel: 949 858-8255. Fax: 949 858-1207. Email: email@example.com Website: http://toastmasters.org Has 8,900 chapters that meet weekly and national conference.